Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cook Visit: Day 3, 4, 5

Continuing on....

I don't have much for Days 3 & 4....because I was working : / At the beginning of every month, we close the books for the month prior, and have an 8 day time crunch during which we have to get everything on the books before they close. Therefore it's a busy(er) time for us, and we're not allowed to take off during those days. I think they filled the days shopping, snorkeling, and hiking the falls.

As soon as I was out of work for the week, though, I was ready to par-tay. For dinner Wednesday night, we went to one of our favorite places, Transit Cafe. I think it talked about it before, but it's a hip, delicious dive right on the seawall. We timed it perfectly to enjoy the sunset over the seawall. What a treat!







After our leisurely dinner, we headed to a karaoke place so the Cooks could have a truly authentic karaoke experience. In Japan, karaoke is not the same as karaoke bars in America...you don't have to stand up in front of hundreds of strangers and sing. You and your group get your own individual room with a TV, microphones, and phone book-sized catalog of songs to choose from. [Fortunately, the songs are played on the screen in English and Japanese!] So you only have to be brave enough to sing in front of your closest friends and family with whom you came! Plus, you get to pick all YOUR favorite songs.




I think the night was a success with homage paid to the Beach Boys, Four Seasons, Eminem, Taylor Swift, Frank Sinatra, and many many more! It was a great night, and I was really looking forward to my first "vacation" since I started working!

No comments:

Post a Comment