Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Veterans Day

This week is just chock full of military celebrations.

I read this on someone's facebook status today:

"A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including, their life. That is beyond honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact."


I always identify veterans as old guys sitting around the VFW hall wearing black caps with the pointy middles and the gold wings on the brim (you know the ones):
WWII Korea Veteran Military Ball Caps

But it's funny to think that now my 24 year old husband is (will be? I don't know when you "become" a vet) one of those that we honor today. So thank you, veterans, for all of the sacrifices that you make and continue to make.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you to you and Zac for your service! We appreciate you two! Happy Veterans Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reflect today of how undescribably proud I am of my son and my father for their service. May God bless all who have served, are serving and will serve in the future.

    ReplyDelete