Sunday, September 12, 2010

Oh passport, where art thou...and other stories

September has been dragging, it seems, but then again it's almost halfway over...go figure!

It's been an exciting month, what with a typhoon, an almost typhoon, Labor Day, birthdays, sporadic communication with Zac, dog walks, wine, Okinawan dance/beer festivals, bowling, canasta tournaments, Sunday school, and general lazing about. But man, it just seems like springtime can't come soon enough.

I am SO excited to return to the great US of A in a matter of (single-digit) days! I can't wait to see nephews and (a) niece [who have grown so much in the year I've been gone], sisters, parents, friends, celebrate a wedding, and shop till my little heart drops. Oh, and of course eat mexican food and Blue Bell ice cream.

A short time after I return to Okinawa, I'll be leaving for a "business trip." [Am I really old enough to go on a business trip?] It'll be a week in mainland Japan and a week in Hawaii...I highly encourage anyone with a hankering to travel to meet up with me! It will certainly be exciting to see a bit of the world. I'm just hoping October will just fly by, and then it's one month closer to a big, fat, Zac reunion.

Speaking of travel, I was looking for my passport last night, and I couldn't find EITHER of them. Yes, I have TWO passports, and they are both nowhere to be found. That could throw a big fat wrench in all these international travel plans. And I just KNOW it has to be around somewhere, becuase I haven't even been anywhere with one of the passports! And the other one I used to go to Singapore, but I had to have it to get back in the country, right? I'm sure it's just in some genius spot from my last use... Let's just say St. Anthony and I have been good buds the past 24 hours....

No comments:

Post a Comment