Thursday, September 16, 2010

Funny Stuff

In times like these, it's the funny things that get me through the days/weeks/months.

I just ordered a book Sh*t My Dad Says the other day. It's a short collection/"memoir" of quotes and stories a son wrote about his dad. It originated as a Twitter page (you can look it up if you're on Twitter) and grew to over a million followers, became a book, now a sitcom is in the works. Anyway, I've been sitting in bed reading this hilarious book LAUGHING OUT LOUD. I'm always afraid my next door neighbor will think I'm crazy (we share bedroom walls) or Shisa will think something's wrong. It's that funny. Zac and I have started reading a quote or two when we get a chance to talk to lighten the mood a bit (plus I just love to hear him laugh).

I've recently become a huge fan of The Pioneer Woman. She's basically this mega-blogger that talks about pretty much everything. Her recipes are amazing, and she even puts step by step photos on many of them, which is helpful for a burgeoning cook(/Cook....oh I'm so funny) like myself. I read through her forty-some-odd-chapter online romance chronicle in about 2 days. [Which, by the way, is coming out in book form in February...and possibly a movie.] She is a great writer with a great voice . Point being (a paragraph and 100 links later) she has a photography section on the blog and had contests every once in a while. The last one was "Funny." Oh em gee. I'll just send you to the winner. But all of them good. I was browsing during work, probably making odd noises to stifle my laughs. My favorites are the belly button one, the winner, and the last one with the baby. And the little boy with the glasses reminds me of one of my nephews in this picture (far right, minus the glasses).

Check it out. Tell me what you think.

Afterall, laughter IS the best medicine.

2 comments:

  1. I don't read the Pioneer Woman blog daily, but I do use her how-to instructions for making cake balls...they are so good. Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Pioneer Woman, LOVE the picture contest. I'm going to check out the funny book you tagged :)

    ReplyDelete