Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009: The Year In Review


Looking back, I cannot believe all that has transpired in just a year. To think that I was still a college coed while Zac was living the bachelor life in Quantico just 12 short months ago is incredible. Given that this has been probably the most eventful year of our lives, I thought I'd take a look back to see all that's happened.

During the winter and spring months of 2009, I spent my days going to class, studying for the CPA (sometimes), doing Muster, and planning a wedding...


...while Zac spent his time learning how to be a marine officer.


Spring flew by and before I knew it, my 5 years of college (don't judge, I got an extra degree for my extra year) was over.


The next two weeks were a blur...Zac came down to drive all of our stuff half-cross country while I took a quick girl trip to San Antonio, we did all the last minute things you do before a wedding, and Zac made it (!) for the big day, May 30.

We said our "I do's," visited with family, and Zac whisked me away to the thriving metropolis of Jacksonville, NC. It was interesting and boring in so many ways. But we loved our summer full of sun, beaches, and many moons.


After Zac graduated from Combat Engineer School...


...we took the LONG drive back to the  homeland...Texas. We had about a month of vacation, which was amazing. We even squeezed in a honey(late)moon.

And after a tour of Texas visiting family and friends, we said our final "sayonaras" and had our last Taste of Texas (literally).


After what seemed like days, we finally made it to our new home in Okinawa. And now, 2 and a 1/2 months later, we finally seem to start settling in. Several sushi and soba outings, a couple of beach visits, and even more BX trips and our lives started to feel normal. We had two Thanksgivings...in the hallway and upstairs...with friends and neighbors.

And before we knew it, it was Christmas time, complete only with Santa, stockings and snow pants, cinnamon rolls, and some family Skyping.





And our big year closed with a bang in Hong Kong (about 14 hours before most of yours!)


Somewhere along the way, we picked up 2 new precious nephews, who will probably think we are a TV show or something, as they will get to know us over the computer!

And that's it, if you made it all the way through...12 months, 3 states, and 4 countries later, we gladly ring in the New Year excited for the many adventures to come with it! Thanks so much for being a part of our journey through the year!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the 09 wrap up! I love seeing where God has taken you this year, and I can only imagine His plans for you in the next! You guys are loved!

    ReplyDelete