Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sayonara USA

What a wonderful whirlwind of a month. There is so much to talk about, I don't even know where to start. So I'll go backwards. Right now, Zac and I are sitting in the USO lounge in the Seattle airport. After a semi-long flight to Seattle, we have a few hours before the flight leaves for Japan (it leaves at 1 a.m. Seattle time, 3 a.m. Texas time). It should be a long night, but maybe we'll be just exhausted enough to sleep on the plane.

Last night, we had our last dinner at the Taste of Texas (a great steakhouse in Houston) for our last "taste of Texas." The four months in North Carolina made us realize how much Texas is truly our home, and we will miss it dearly for the next few years! It was so wonderful to be able to spend a few weeks there with all of our friends and family!

This has been a long week of goodbyes...But Zac and I couldn't feel more blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family offering so much support and so many prayers. We are confident this will be an amazing adventure, but we will miss sharing the day to day with so many of y'all!

I will get pictures and stories up as soon as I can of (what Zac calls) our "Farewell Tour." We tried to take as many pics as possible! Hopefully we'll have internet access soon, and I'll update on our Okinawa arrival!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the update- from what I hear, you get to ride on a super cool VIP plane to Japan! We look forward to an update and continue to pray... You are loved!

    ReplyDelete