Monday, October 18, 2010

Cocok's

Recently, I realized that I haven't really introduced the United States to the greatness that is Cocok's (the k is silent). Cocok's is a nail spa in Okinawa...every woman, girl, and probably even man knows or has been. There are dozens of nice comfy chairs and very nice pedicurists just waiting to make your day. They give some of the best pedicures ever...the best part is the 20-30 minute massage  (where other places are more like 5-10). It's definitely one of my favorite indulgences.

But a big difference between Cocok's (and many nail salons in Okinawa) and nail salons in the states is you basically NEVER get a plain color. When you go for your appointment, they hand you a 50+ page book of nail designs. And while in the states it may not be common to get flowers on your toes, it is "the thing" to do here. From colonels' wives to 5 year olds, pretty much everyone has "designer toes!"

I've tried to take pictures of most my designs that I've gotten since being here...it's pretty amazing what they can do on a tiny toe!

 Striped toes. 

Tropical toes...never really loved this one...I'm not a blue nail polish type person.

I think these might've been some of my favorites

Cherry blossom toes...in season of course.

Holly's toes: Sunset with palm tree, mountains, and sail boat on the horizon. Yes, on a toe.

My current toes (taken just now, here in the hotel)...or as my mom like to call them - gothic. I like the mum flowers though!

I'm pretty excited about getting some Christmas toes soon!!

Seen enough feet?

2 comments: